Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Adventure Land: Action Adventure Book - A Blockbuster Hit?


Adventure Land: Action Adventure Book - A Blockbuster Hit?
On Tuesday I spoke with one of the main Editors of the first Adventure Land Book. I was calling to get an update as to when to expect her to finish her work. We are waiting to get the manuscript back, so that we can proceed with publishing the book. I was given an unexpected pleasant report. She said that she has read many manuscripts, and done a lot of editing, but she said that she simply loved it. She said that this has blockbuster hit written all over it. She was excited. I was thrilled! Incredibly, she was basing this on what she had read so far. Meaning that she did not even finish it yet. I found this incredible because I have always felt that this book gets better with every page. Just wait until she finishes it. I also told her that if she loves this one so much, that she will love the second book even more. Book two is more powerful in an emotional way. I told her that it might make her cry. She said that it would take a lot for a book to make her cry, but that if it did, she would be thrilled. In other words, it would take a book of high caliber that is well written and extremely imaginitive to stir such emotions. I really believe that this is such a book. Book one is not as emotional. It is exciting and action packed. Just get your hanky ready for book two, thats all I'm saying. We will not see book two until well after book one hits the book stores and Amazon.com. I always knew that Adventure Land was something special, but to have an outside source read it, and then also feel that way is very comforting, exciting, and validating. Asher Edelson, the author, is only 12 years old. How can a 12 year old write such a book you ask? I don't know either. Some kids are good at baseball and are destined to become the next great hall of fame home run hitter. Asher, I believe is destined to become a best selling author. I have tried to write a book, personally, and it just did not work. The ideas did not come. What I did write was not good. Asher, however, has a river of ideas that flow from him like niagra falls. It is inspiring to see him create this story. He has ideas for an entire series of books. He tells me ideas about book ten, and I always tell him to slow down and just focus on book one. Its all cool. But it was good hearing from the editor. I can't wait until you get your chance to read this book. Then we will see if Adventure Land has blockbuster potential. Look for book one - Adventure Land, The Strike of Lightning to be available on Amazon.com late this summer. We will let you know.
Check out Asher's Blog and web site: Asher's Blog and Asher's Website
You can see this info posted in Techkat Forums by clicking Forum Post. Also, you may be interested in looking at his recent press release Click Press Release. The RSS Feed is at this Link: Text Link.

No comments: